Supply Chain at Internet Speed

Clarification of Case Grading

As discussed in class yesterday – below is the method I use to grade the case assignments.

Each case has a maximum of 10 points that can be awarded.

I choose 4 of the questions posed for grading  An answer that is complete (e.g. per question instructions) and touches the themes from the case will receive 2 points each.  This represents (2 x 4) 8 of the possible 10 points.

I also award a maximum of 2 added points for any of the following:

• Unique, creative, insightful comments or analysis from the case materials
  • The critical facts and ideas in the answer are presented in a clear, readable and compelling manner.

The following are examples of answer to a possible case question.  The content (ideas) are the same in each example.  However, I believe that Example 1 presents them in a clearer, and more readable and compelling manner.

_______________  Example 1

Keys to Success:

More content available: providers bring sufficiently different content on one site obviating need to visit other sites or use different viewing options.

Free to use: users only need to register to watch much free content.

Popularity: Providers use social network platforms to attract more users / audience

Relationship with Partners: Understand each partner’s business to provide what they desire (profit, audience share, buzz, etc.)

_______________  Example 2

There are several keys to success. Having more content available as well as sufficiently different content on one site obviates need to visit other sites or use different viewing options. Providing viewing free of charge means users only need to register to watch much the content. Providers use social network platforms to attract more users / audience and drive up their popularity. A strong Relationship with Partners is also a key to success. The relationship allows understanding each partners’ business to provide what they desire most (profit, audience share, buzz, etc.).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *