This Year
No Points
Total
705 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Top Cybersecurity Predictions 2023-2024

This webinar, hosted by Gartner and presented by Craig Porter, spoke about the business organizational environment in relation to post-pandemic lifestyle and rapidly accelerating digital initiatives. Following these changes, risk management and cybersecurity management must adapt following their top cybersecurity predictions for 2023-2024:

1. By 2024, modern privacy regulation will blanket the majority of consumer data. However, less than 10% of organizations will utilize privacy as a competitive advantage.
  2. By 2025, nearly 50% of cybersecurity leaders will change jobs, 25% for completely different roles due to the stress factor of the job.
  3. By 2025, 50% of cybersecurity leaders will realize cyber-risk quantifications will be unsuccessful in driving enterprise decision-making.
  4. By 2026, 10% of large enterprises will have a comprehensive, mature, and measurable zero-trust program in place. (1% currently)
  5. Through 2026, more than 60% of threat detection, investigation, and response capabilities will leverage exposure management data to validate and prioritize detected threats. (5% today)
  6. By 2026, 70% of boards will include one member with cybersecurity expertise.
  7. By 2027, 75% of employees will acquire, modify or create technology outside of IT visibility. (41% currently)

Overall, I found these predictions to be very interesting and I am curious to see how accurate they will be. It was great listening to their explanations of severity and impact in the organizational environment, listening to each. I was most intrigued by the risk of #7, as I have heard many stories of employee implemented technology to make jobs easier, but never thought of the cybersecurity risks they could present.

Skip to toolbar