This Year
No Points
Total
1080 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Week Ending 9/26/14 Journal Entry

Group 5 is really starting to come together as a team.  At first, we were having a tough time keeping everything organized; however, we settled that in a short meeting where we decided to delegate portions of the project to different team members.  We will then swap documents and make any improvements that we see necessary to ensure the strongest final product.

The communication between the Business Analysts and Project Managers has been going well for the most part.  Through a group text, emails, and in-person meetings, we are constantly available to our BAs for any questions or concerns that they have.  We emphasize that we have past experience that will help them succeed.  One place where I see a need for improvement is that at times as project managers, too many of us are trying to be “leaders”.  For example, one project manager might give one piece of advice to the BAs, while another member gives another piece of advice to a different BA, obviously creating a bit of confusion.  We will continue to work on this issue so that we are all on the same page.

Personally, I have met with my team three times this week.  First, the PMs met to discuss ways to make the communication and organization between the BAs stronger.  At our next meeting, our PMs and BAs met to review and make edits to the scope document.  The BAs were very appreciative of the feedback that we provided.  Lastly, I attended the interview with one of Somerville Lumber’s SMEs and suggested additional questions in order to illicit the best information so that we can come up with the best solution for our project.

In conclusion, I believe our team is off to a good start.  Of course, there is always room for improvement, but I am confident that we will end up with a solid final project.

Skip to toolbar