No Points
Total
1080 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

2014 Summer Internship

masonic

During the summer of 2014, I interned in the Information Technologies Department at Masonic Villages of Elizabethtown.  Masonic Villages is a non-profit retirement community, which includes a health care center, children’s home, and residences.  There are four other Masonic locations throughout Pennsylvania including: Dallas, Sewickley, Lafayette Hill, and Warminster.

My internship was the best professional experience that I have ever had and I feel so fortunate to have worked for the company.  As a Computer Technician, my responsibilities included identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving computer and printer problems that the roughly 1,000 employees on campus were experiencing.  Additionally, I played a big role in the PC Refresh Cycle that our IT department conducts as part of company policy.  I set up new PCs, transferred users old files, and then arranged times with the users to deliver and install their new PCs.  For me, this was the most enjoyable part of my internship because I established relationships with employees from all of Masonic’s departments.

I believe that the technical skills and the professional relationships that I gained as an intern at Masonic will make me a valuable asset to other companies in the future.

Skip to toolbar