This Year
No Points
Total
1080 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Extended Internship at Masonic Villages

Over Fall and Winter break, I continued as an Information Technologies Intern at Masonic Villages of Elizabethtown. Masonic Villages is a non-profit retirement community that includes a health care center, children’s home, and retirement residences. Our department provides technical support to five Masonic locations in Pennsylvania.

I had much more confidence when I returned to this position because of the experience I gained during my summer internship. I was responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving computer and printer issues for local and offsite employees. My biggest responsibility was to co-lead the PC Refresh Cycle. For this, I set up new PCs, transferred users’ files, and scheduled delivery times. Although my job duties remained similar to those of this summer, I was expected to perform at a better and faster rate this time around.

My technical and professional skills were further improved through this experience, and I look forward to transferring and improving on these skills throughout my career.

Skip to toolbar