MIS2101 Section 702 – Amy Lavin – Spring 2014

Rimini Street diversifies with cloud services for Workday, Salesforce.com

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9247637/Rimini_Street_diversifies_with_cloud_services_for_Workday_Salesforce.com

Independent Oracle and SAP support provider Rimini Street will now offer integration services for customers who want to adopt SaaS (software-as-a-service) offerings from the likes of Salesforce.com and Workday.

IT environments are set to “transform” from monolithic software suites to ones that include specialized applications as well as a mix of on-premises and cloud-based software, Rimini said in a statement.

After reading this article:

1. Is Rimini Street more focused on system effectiveness or system efficiency based on the integration services now being offered? Why?

2. Which argument do you believe Rimini Street is making in this business case (Faith, Fear, or Fact)? Why?

3. What form of Software conversion strategy is Rimini Street using in this example (Parallel, Direct, Phased, or Pilot (Single location)?Why?

https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/files/playRecording?encryptedDocID=1_3E8D24E14CCD0280F2DDCF59BC4B7C314BA4F82E3B97D53412E8F8A09FE296AD7B88BA13BC4163BC23C2B21BDEF815A8_84941ADEC63AA1344B0DA67681560BEABED5C8F0

17 Responses to Rimini Street diversifies with cloud services for Workday, Salesforce.com

• 1. Is Rimini Street more focused on system effectiveness or system efficiency based on the integration services now being offered? Why?
    I think effectiveness because they are offering helping with migrating systems and also offering IT support for systems. Cloud computing in general makes a business more efficient but this system seems to advertise quality service.

2. Which argument do you believe Rimini Street is making in this business case (Faith, Fear, or Fact)? Why?
    I want to say that they are arguing fact. They stated what their software is capable of doing by increasing savings. The article also stated that the lawsuit ruled in their favor.
    3. What form of Software conversion strategy is Rimini Street using in this example (Parallel, Direct, (Single location)?Why?

• 1. Is Rimini Street more focused on system effectiveness or system efficiency based on the integration services now being offered? Why?

I would have to lean towards effectiveness since they are attempting to provide a cost effective model which cuts out monthly maintenance costs.

Fear. As it said there were no numbers or price estimates given, but the article does state that system maintenance can be costly and tedious. Which can ultimately be avoided with Rimini’s new product.

3. What form of Software conversion strategy is Rimini Street using in this example (Parallel, Direct, Phased, or Pilot (Single location)?Why?

I believe they are leaning towards effectiveness because they are trying to bring down costs and make it usable for lots of different people.
    I believe they are making a case for fear as fact and faith are both out of the question as they are not using these tactics in the article.

• I wanted to add to mine as I forgot to finish it before I posted it before class.
      #2) It is fear because of their lawsuits they are dealing with and the fear this instills.
      #3) It is parallel because they will be putting both softwares out there for use and they will be effective and efficient.

System effectiveness because it brings in cloud computing which makes storing data easier.
    Fact because they quote an amount of money they’ll save and Fear because of what the outcome of the court case will bring.
    Phased because it’s a mix of the old and new.

• 1.Is Rimini Street more focused on system effectiveness or system efficiency based on the integration services now being offered? Why?

According to the article I believe Rimini Street focused more on system efficiency based on the integration service that offered to its customers. Because using SaaS (software-as-a-service) is much cheaper to operate their system comparing to other alternatives.

I believe the argument that Rimini makes is a fact, because the new system is totally different from the SAP-ERP or the Oracle -CRM systems.

Rimini Street uses a Parallel Software conversion strategy, since it also provide the other alternative software to costumers.

System efficiency because they are looking to enable people/system to do things faster, at a lower cost, or relatively little time and effort. Per the the article: Rimini Street and other third-party support providers cater to customers with stable systems and little desire to continually upgrade the software with the updates provided by ongoing vendor support. It provides tax and regulatory updates along with bug fixes and general system help, and says customers will save at least 50 percent compared to their vendor maintenance bills.
    Fear because of their claim to hedge against the intellectual property lawsuits. They also provide some fact in terms of their system efficiency.
    Parallel because they will cater to customers with stable systems.

• 1. Is Rimini Street more focused on system effectiveness or system efficiency based on the integration services now being offered? Why? System efficiency because they are diversifying their assets. They are catering to customers and sort of hand holding them aong the way as they add more software to their repertoire. As seen in the article “There are a couple of examples we run into a lot, with say a move of PeopleSoft HR to Workday while we support HR during the transition and support PeopleSoft financials for the longer term,” said Dave Rowe, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, via email Friday.
    2. Which argument do you believe Rimini Street is making in this business case (Faith, Fear, or Fact)? Why? I believe their is factual parts to their argument. It explains the benefits to customers and even talks about savings within. It also allows them to stay on old and not convert to cloud. This quote really solidifies my point “It provides tax and regulatory updates along with bug fixes and general system help, and says customers will save at least 50 percent compared to their vendor maintenance bills.”
    3. What form of Software conversion strategy is Rimini Street using in this example (Parallel, Direct, Phased, or Pilot (Single location)?Why? I definitely believe they are doing parallel because they will allow you to stay on old and cater to customers but also are offering new such as cloud services.

• 1. I would have to say they are leaning more towards efficiency. First of all, their use of cloud computing makes them more efficient than a good amount of the other products on the market. The whole point of their product is to allow customers to do things faster, cheaper, just overall more efficiently than they could with other products.

2. A combination of fact and fear. They are using facts- they explain why their system is more efficient, and how convenient it is, and even allow customers to retain their old way of doing things and not move to the cloud if they do not wish to. At the same time though, fear also seems to be part of their argument. The fear of spending too much money on another inferior product would likely drive some people to buy this product.

3. Parallel for sure, as there are many alternatives for customers to choose from.

• 1. I would say they are focusing on system effectiveness. The article says they will be offering multiple services now, allowing their customer to pick the software options that best meet their needs. A strong case could be made for system efficiency because it should lower costs, but I believe the primary goal is effectiveness, giving their customers the software that best meets their needs.

2. I think their primary business case is fear. They are worried about the impact the lawsuit will have on them, but I also think that faith is playing a role. They believe that their customers will move to the SaaS model, and they want to be there from the beginning, they don’t want to miss that opportunity they believe is coming.

3. They are running a parallel conversion strategy. They will continue to support the systems they installed for their customers while offering these new systems.

• 1. Rimini Street focus on effectiveness because they’re looking for lower cost, but somehow i still see it’s also efficiency because it’s added more software and supported PeopleSoft financial in long term.
    2.Rimini Street is making both fact and faith because it’s saving cost and bring more benefit to customers
    3. It’s parallel because it still keeps cater as well as adds more software such as cloud services.

• 1. I think they’re focusing on system efficiency because a major point that they made is that it will lower costs as a whole. This leans further towards creating also because they’re already more efficient than competitors in the respect that cloud computing is being used.
    2. I think they use facts to instill fear. There is factual evidence stated that they will be helping to cut costs and although they are a bit ambiguous about stating their pricing and such, it is clearly a fact that they work at a quicker pace than the competitors out there. This is where the fear comes into effect as they have instilled fear in consumers minds that they will fall behind if they do not take advantage of this software.
    3. They’re using parallel conversion strategy. They’ll still support the current systems, but then they will transition to the new cloud service.

• 1. I believe they are more focused on system efficiency, due to the fact that they are spreading out their different assets and providing customers with initial support through the entire transition process.

2. I would have to say fear, as the article does not clearly state as to why they would impose fact or faith.

3. Parallel, because they provide service to all kinds of customers old and new.

• 1. Considering that Rimini Street is focusing on migrating to cloud computing there are increasing its system effectiveness. With the upgrade loosing or misplacing data will not be an issue. File access will now be easily sensible throughout the company.
    2. Fact because as Rimini Street is now saving customers money and integrating the customers with its cloud computing.
    3. Parallel because it is integrating customers with its system.

• 1. Is Rimini Street more focused on system effectiveness or system efficiency based on the integration services now being offered? Why? I think Rimini;s focus leans toward system effectiveness.. Specialized applications for any company will aid in companies reaching their goals.

2. Which argument do you believe Rimini Street is making in this business case (Faith, Fear, or Fact)? Why?I believe Rimini’s business case will be based on facts. Based on analyzing a companies factual data, Rimini will be able to create specialized applications that will push the company toward realizing their goals.

3. What form of Software conversion strategy is Rimini Street using in this example (Parallel, Direct, Phased, or Pilot (Single location)?Why? Parallel. SaaS will not replace the existing system but run in conjunction with the old system. The software as a service will provide the missing links that are not offered in the old system.

I would say they are focusing on system efficiency. By using cloud computing software, the company is able to store data and access data more easily, all while cutting down on costs.

2. 2. Which argument do you believe Rimini Street is making in this business case (Faith, Fear, or Fact)? Why?
    I would have to say fact because while the company may be fearful of a lawsuit or falling behind, the fact of the matter is that these systems are faster and will cut costs for their customers.

It is a parallel conversion strategy because they provide a service to both new and old customers.

I believe Rimini Street is focused on system effectiveness. The company’s goal is to reduce maintenance costs and offer cloud services to add diversity.
    I would say faith because they are not disclosing how much the services are but claiming maintenance costs will be reduced by 50%.

The article is giving a example of a parallel strategy. Rimini is offering a new system that will work with the current one.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 14 other subscribers