Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Cyber-security
  • Digital marketing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1685 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Marketing Analytics Intern at The Rad Dish Co-op

Internship at The Rad Dish Co-op

From January 2017 to May 2017, I interned at The Rad Dish Co-op. I first applied to the co-op as a cashier, however, was chosen to be its intern due to my experience with project management and community service.

Company Overview

The Rad Dish Co-op is a food co-op which strives to develop a sustainable food system and provide access in the community to local, organic, and ethical food options. Founded in 2014 by eight Temple students, the co-op grows from just an entrepreneurial project for a class into a democratic organization with 6 distinct committees and 100+ members.

The Rad Dish Co-op equips Temple community with a unique learning tool. While the organization is tied to independent study and internship courses, there are opportunities for students to manage the core operations as board of directors, participate in event planning as members, or work at the cafe as employees.

Job Functions

During the internship, I assisted the Head of Marketing Committee with branding and promotional activities. Although my projects are primarily with the marketing department, I got the chance to get involved with other departments as well, from optimizing databases for HR department to analyzing budget for Finance department.

Below are details on the projects I’ve worked on.

Online Promotions

Website Development & Customization

As part of the co-op’s online identity revamp efforts, I led the website development project. The previous version experienced a downfall in visitors due to a complex user interface and excessive information. Therefore, I came up with a brand new design for the website that not only simplified navigation, but also breathed in the rusty yet modern vibes of the co-op. By analyzing customer feedback, I also incorporated new features such as event calendar and online orders so that the co-op could transform online viewers into in-store customers and increase its conversion rate.

This projects involved using HTML, CSS, and WordPress plugins to enhance the design.

Social Media Management

As the co-op established its online presences on critical platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), it got uncomfortable for the social media person to manage three different accounts at the same time and to update team members with the progress. Thus, I proposed using HootSuite to reconciles social media metrics into a single reporting interface that can be shared with everyone on the marketing team.

Offline Promotions

Referral Stategies

One problem the co-op faced was their on-campus representation. Students may have heard of the name Rad Dish but they had limited information about the co-op, which was located in one of the most forgotten building at Temple. Acknowledging that most professors came to the cafe based on their students’  suggestions, I proposed the plan “Faculty Friday”, to acquire new customers: faculties will get 10% discount on their food/drinks if they visit the cafe on Friday. After the execution of this plan, the co-op was able to increase its presentation within faculties and college departments.

Business Cards

Following the rebranding project, I created business cards which were given to employees and members of the co-op. The cards have a design which serves three purposes:

• Showcasing the co-op’s identity, including its location and account names on social media.
  • Acting as a discount coupon for employees.
  • Allowing the team to track internal buyings using employee IDs.

Skip to toolbar