Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Cyber-security
  • Digital marketing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1685 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

AIS National Data Analytics Challenge 2018 – 2nd Place

AIS National Data Analytics Challenge 2018

2nd Place

In Spring 2018, my team competes in the Analytics Challenge track organized by the National Chapter of Association of Information Systems. Our task is to analyze the dataset provided by QVC and develop a visualization that contains useful information to help the retailer optimize its e-commerce activities.

Using Tableau and Excel, we cleanse and analyze 4.7 million rows of data to determine how QVC’s current distribution network affects the speed of delivery of 8 core departments. We then recommend storing specific products in specific warehouses so that QVC can ship the right product to the right customer at the right time. Other solutions include expanding the capacity of critical warehouses to satisfy the large customer demand and decreasing the number of unneeded warehouses to reduce operating expenses. I personally analyze how QVC warehouses are being distributed across the US and develop an infographic using Piktochart which details the team’s findings.

My team was chosen as one of 10 finalists to present at The University of Texas in Dallas in front of executives from QVC, NBCUniversal and Pfizer, and placed 2nd in the Visualization Track!

Infographic

Executive Summary

Skip to toolbar