Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Cyber-security
  • Digital marketing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1685 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Data Research Intern at Fox CSPD

Data Research Intern at Fox CSPD

Starting July 2018, I accept the Data Research Internship position within the Center for Student Professional Development at Fox School of Business. My duties include data collection, data integration, data analysis, and outreach planning.

Data Collection

For the most parts of my internship, I am heavily involved in the collection of career outcome data for the class of 2018. Through career platforms research, email and outreach phone calls, I am able to contact about 150+ alumni per week and increase the knowledge rate from 40% to 67% within 1.5 months of employment. I am also responsible for collecting internship data from the class of 2019 who will graduate next May.

Data Integration

Since many students report their jobs or internships through departments and faculties, my task is to integrate multiple databases and reports from 4 departments onto FoxNet, CSPD’s career system. I extensively utilize Excel to condense data from different sources into a single spreadsheet and check for duplicate, false, as well as missing entries, then convert the spreadsheet into the uploading format.

Data Analysis

One project I’ve worked with is Employer Classification, in which I look into the elements that determine the relationship between each employer and the center (job postings, active contacts, information sessions held at Temple, etc.) to classify employers into different tiers so that with each tier, CSPD can customize its communication strategies. In the later part of this internship (September 2018 – December 2018), I will take on the analysis of job outcomes for CSPD to develop external and internal reports.

Outreach Planning

In order to get more students be aware of jobs/internships reporting, I coordinate with another intern to devise 11 strategies, which will be executed during the upcoming school year.

Skip to toolbar