- Name of sponsoring organization
- Temple University
- Details of the activity (e.g., where, when)
- October 17-18, 2020
- What you expect to learn
- I wanted to attend panels and learn more about coding/hacking related topics, and maybe complete a project if I have the skills necessary. I did end up completing a project, it was a data visualization project hosted by the Philadelphia Bail Fund. I analyzed data they gave about bail amount, bail date, zip code, and other measures. I also brought other data into my analysis, including demographic data by zip code by the Statistical Atlas. I ended up with an infographic detailing analysis by date and time for bail amounts, and analysis of ethnic makeups of zip codes that have the highest average bail.
- How the activity relates to coursework or your career goals
- This relates to my career goals because I am interested in exploring a career that is more coding heavy, and participating in events such as these helps me understand if that is a realistic career path for me. I ended up also doing work with data and visualization during this hackathon, so that was very helpful because I am interested in working with data and analytics. By doing this project, I was reaffirmed that I am interested in working with data and analytics, because I find it very interesting.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.