Professor Detmar Straub had eight articles published or accepted for publication over the 2018-2019 academic year. These papers cover a wide range of topics, including health IT, knowledge management, outsourcing and two-sided platforms. This research will appear in the top journals in the discipline, such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, the Journal of Management Information Systems and the Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
According to an annual analysis produced by the University of Arizona, Straub has a cumulative h-index of 70, designating him as one of the most productive and most cited researchers in the field of MIS. The h-index is an author-level metric that attempts to measure both the productivity and citation impact of the publications of a scientist or scholar.
A partial list of Straub’s recently published and forthcoming work is below:
- Lee, J., Park, Y., Koo, Y., & Straub, D. (in press). Holistic Archetypes of IT Outsourcing Strategy. MIS Quarterly.
- Jung, D., Kim, B.C., & Straub, D. (in press). Innovation and Policy Support for Digital Two-Sided Market Platforms: Can Government Policymakers and Executives Optimize Both Societal Value and Profits? Information Systems Research.
- Chen, L., Baird, A., & Straub, D. (in press). Fostering Participant Health Knowledge and Attitudes: An Econometric Study of a Chronic Disease-Focused Online Health Community. Journal of Management Information Systems
- Chen, L., Baird, A., & Straub, D. (in press). An Analysis of the Evolving Intellectual Structure of Health Information Systems Research within the Information Systems (IS) Discipline. Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
- Chen, L., Baird, A., & Straub, D. (2019). Why do participants continue to contribute? Evaluation of usefulness voting and commenting motivational affordances within an online knowledge community. Decision Support Systems, 118, 21-32.