The nationally recognized Bachelors of Business Administration in Management Information Systems (MIS) produces digital leaders who design, architect, and manage API-driven products. These products apply APIs, cloud, cyber-security, agile, user experience, and analytics to achieve business outcomes.
In today’s digital ecosystem of software-based services, MIS students imagine, create, and deploy API-driven digital products and services to create value for consumers and businesses.
MIS students are poised to take on product management roles applying their skills to take innovative digital ideas from inception to successful use and profitability.
Learn to design, build, deploy, secure, and evaluate API-driven, cloud-based software applications that achieve business goals, meet requirements, deliver a positive user experience, and execute reliably at scale. MIS will prepare you to:
- Design software applications that meet requirements and are enjoyable to use employing state-of-the-art UX techniques
- Deploy APIs on a robust cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services
- Secure applications and businesses against cyber-threats applying cryptography and vulnerability discovery techniques
- Analyze critical business data using data mining techniques and navigate relational and NoSQL data stores using MySQL and MongoDB
More information, including course numbers, full course descriptions, and prerequisites, is available through the Temple Bulletin.
- Web Application Development
Develop web-based applications that integrate web services
- Data and Analytics
Analyze and present insights from business data
- Cloud Architecture
Design and build cloud-based infrastructures for scalable application deployment
- User Experience Design
Describe, scope, and build a complete user experience
- Web Service Programming
Create and deploy a complete, end-to-end, cloud-based application
- Managing Enterprise Cybersecurity
Secure applications and the enterprise
- Lead Global Digital Projects
Lead technology-enabled transformation
- Internet Enabled Supply Chains
Reimagine supply chains using digital technology
- Applied Predictive Analytics
Derive patterns and insight from large data sets
- Strategic Management of Information Technology
Manage IT resources to advance an organization’s strategy
- Social Media Innovation
Create digital business models using next-generation interfaces and social media.
- Special Topics
Explore new and emerging technology topics
- Information Systems Innovation
Create new digital products and services
- Co-operative Experience in MIS
Gain course credit for internships.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM
MIS majors benefit from the innovative patent-pending PRO – professional achievement program:
- Earn required points for professional development activities and for applying learning to practice (e.g., internships, student leadership)
- Receive recognition for professional achievement on leaderboards, badges, professional achievement wire, and e-portfolios. ‘Cash-in’ reward points at the MIS Points Store.
- Showcase your educational and professional achievements at the MIS Career Fair.
CAREERS AND PLACEMENT
MIS BBA majors get placed in the top firms in the region and nationally. Learn about careers in IS and participate in the MIS Career Fair which provides exclusive one-stop placement and internship opportunities for MIS students. The Temple University led ISJobIndex.com project provides national level data on jobs in the IS field:
- Bachelor MIS students’ average salary is $75,517 nationally. Salaries for IS graduates are higher than typical business majors.
- 81% of IS graduates are satisfied with their job offer.
The top IS jobs are:
Source: IS Job Index, http://isjobindex.com
THE MIS EDGE
- What is MIS and why should you consider MIS?
- What is unique about the nationally recognized MIS program?
- Exclusive scholarships and awards. BBA in MIS students are eligible for STEM designated scholarships.
- Win prizes and gain recognition in national, and local analytics and entrepreneurial competitions.
- Temple’s Association for Information Systems (AIS) student organization provides extensive professional, social, and community activities.
- The BBA in MIS is designed in partnership with the Industry.
- Access top firms through the affiliated Institute of Business and Information Technology, which each year hosts the acclaimed IT awards.
- Learn the latest technologies.
- Fox is one of the largest business schools in the world with a vast array of programs, research centers, and superb resources.
- Accelerated 3 Year BBA – Motivated students can finish in 3 years.
- Download BBA MIS Course Structure
- Temple University Undergraduate Bulletin FSBM/MIS
- College Graduation Requirements for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- Take a look at our internationally renowned faculty
- Read Why Temple MIS?
- Connect with Temple AIS on Facebook
If you are a high performing motivated student – we want to recruit you – please contact Joseph Allegra at firstname.lastname@example.org