The nationally recognized Bachelors of Business Administration in Management Information Systems (MIS) produces digital leaders who design, architect, and manage API-driven products. These products apply APIs, cloud, cyber-security, agile, user experience, and analytics to achieve business outcomes.
In today’s digital ecosystem of software-based services, MIS students imagine, create, and deploy API-driven digital products and services to create value for consumers and businesses.
MIS students are poised to take on product management roles applying their skills to take innovative digital ideas from inception to successful use and profitability.
Learn to design, build, deploy, secure, and evaluate API-driven, cloud-based software applications that achieve business goals, meet requirements, deliver a positive user experience, and execute reliably at scale. MIS will prepare you to:
- Design software applications that meet requirements and are enjoyable to use employing state-of-the-art UX techniques
- Deploy APIs on a robust cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services
- Secure applications and businesses against cyber-threats applying cryptography and vulnerability discovery techniques
- Analyze critical business data using data mining techniques and navigate relational and NoSQL data stores using MySQL and MongoDB
- Web Application Development (MIS 2402)
Develop web-based applications that integrate web services
- Data and Analytics (MIS 2502)
Analyze and present insights from business data
- Cloud Architecture (MIS 3406)
Design and build cloud-based infrastructures for scalable application deployment
- User Experience Design (MIS 3506)
Describe, scope, and build a complete user experience
- Web Service Programming (MIS 3502)
Create and deploy a complete, end-to-end, cloud-based application
- Lead Global Digital Projects (MIS 3535)
Lead technology-enabled transformation
- Managing Enterprise Cybersecurity (MIS 4596)
Secure applications and the enterprise
- Internet Enabled Supply Chains (MIS 3537)
Reimagine supply chains using digital technology
- Applied Predictive Analytics (MIS 3505)
Derive patterns and insight from large data sets
- Strategic Management of Information Technology (MIS 3534)
Manage IT resources to advance an organization’s strategy
- Social Media Innovation (MIS 3538)
Create digital business models using next-generation interfaces and social media.
- Special Topics (MIS 3580)
Explore new and emerging technology topics
- Information Systems Innovation(MIS 3536)
Create new digital products and services
- Co-operative Experience in MIS (MIS 3581)
Gain course credit for internships. Learn more…
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM
MIS majors benefit from the innovative patent pending PRO – professional achievement program:
- Earn required points for professional development activities and for applying learning to practice (e.g., internships, student leadership)
- Receive recognition for professional achievement on leaderboards, badges, professional achievement wire, and e-portfolios. ‘Cash-in’ reward points at the MIS Points Store.
- Showcase your educational and professional achievements at the IT Career Fair.
CAREERS AND PLACEMENT
MIS BBA majors get placed in the top firms in the region and nationally. Learn about careers in IS and participate in the IT Career Fair which provides exclusive one-stop placement and internship opportunities for MIS students. The Temple University led ISJobIndex.com project provides national level data on jobs in the IS field:
- Bachelor MIS students average salary is $65,314 nationally. Salaries for IS graduates are about 25% higher than typical business majors.
- 83% of IS graduates are satisfied with their job offer.
The top IS jobs are:
Source: IS Job Index, http://isjobindex.com
THE MIS EDGE
- What is MIS and why should you consider MIS?
- What is unique about the nationally recognized MIS program?
- Exclusive scholarships and awards. BBA in MIS students are eligible for STEM designated scholarships.
- Win prizes and gain recognition in national, and local analytics and entrepreneurial competitions.
- Temple’s Association for Information Systems (AIS) student organization provides extensive professional, social, and community activities.
- The BBA in MIS is designed in partnership with the IT Industry Advisory Board. Members of the board mentor students on projects.
- Access top firms through the affiliated Institute of Business and Information Technology, which each year hosts the acclaimed IT awards.
- Learn the latest technologies.
- Fox is one of the largest business schools in the world with a vast array of programs, research centers, and superb resources.
- Accelerated 3 Year BBA – Motivated students can finish in 3 years.
- Download BBA MIS Course Structure
- Temple University Undergraduate Bulletin FSBM/MIS
- College Graduation Requirements for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- Take a look at our internationally renowned faculty
- Read Why Temple MIS?
- Contact Temple AIS on Facebook
If you are a high performing motivated student – we want to recruit you – please contact Joseph Allegra at firstname.lastname@example.org