Community Platform
Interests
  • Accounting information systems (AIS)
  • Analytics
  • Auditing
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1060 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

About Me

Hello! My name is Kelly McCarthy and I am a Management Information Systems (MIS) and Accounting dual major at the Fox School of Business. I am involved in a variety of student professional organizations. The SPOs I am involved in are Beta Alpha Psi (BAP), where I was acknowledged as a distinguished member, Fox Accounting Association (FAA), and Association for Information Systems (AIS).

Growing up, I attended school in the Souderton Area School District. During high school, I was very involved within the student council. I have contributed in planning the homecoming dance, Souder-THON, an all-night event where the proceeds went to charity, a “Prom Fashion Show”, and much more! I was able to create lasting relationships with fellow students and teachers that I still have to this day. I am grateful for my teachers in high school who have helped shape me into the person I am today.

In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I have an older sister, brother-in-law, and younger brother. I value my time spent with them.

When I first started working in 2015, I got a job as a customer service associate at Dunkin Donuts. In 2018, I decided to expand my knowledge and switch from the food service industry to the retail industry where I worked as a head cashier. In this position, it was my primary responsibility to make sure that the check-out process for all customers went smoothly. During summer 2022, I interned with Deloitte in their Philadelphia office within their Audit and Assurance practice.

I am proficient in the following information technology languages: MySQL Workbench, MongoDB Compass, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, RStudio, Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, and all of Google Suite. Some of my soft skills include communication, ability to stay organized, and friendly. I also have my certifications in the 2021 Basic and Advanced Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. I participated in this program during the Spring 2022 semester to gain experience in the Tax field.

My expected graduation date is December 2022, with 150 credits. I plan to obtain my CPA licensure immediately following graduation. I hope to be able to utilize my knowledge I learned in both the MIS and Accounting curriculum in my future role. I am interested in both the financial and technology aspects of a business. I hope to eventually transition to an IT-related role later in my career.

Skip to toolbar