I like the way drones used for delivery, as it will definitely makes shipments reach for far areas way faster than it would with any shipment method nowadays. I think this method is what companies will use in the now and will develop drones to even makes it faster in the future. For example, Amazon is using it to take the ordered items and send it…[Read more]
I believe Netflix is following Apple strategy which is monopoly power and to have a control over their products to not be connected with their competitors products. It is a smart move but not for Netflix because there are plenty of competitors and it is usually at the same smart tv. For instance, the tv shows on Netflix are not available on Hulu,…[Read more]
One example of the potential is the AI from Google’s DeepMind, which made correct diagnoses 94.5 percent of the time in a trial with Moorfields Eye Hospital, looking at 50 common eye problems. Another is helping us understand how the brain works. DeepMind is the world leader in artificial intelligence research and its application for positive impact.
Yousef AlKhorafi, Ka Zoua Yang, Kinga Kania
-Compression – Identification and elimination of non-value added steps in supply chain processes.
-Bandwidth: Maximum amount of data that can pass from one point to another in a unit of time.
-Net neutrality = internet service providers should enable access to all content and applications…[Read more]
My takeaways for our second class are:
1. I learned the impact of the internet in each step. From integrate functions to improve collaboration to virtually synchronize. Also, that by increasing capabilities is increasing benefits.
2. There are four impact keys on supply chains, and they are: e-design, e-mediaries, web-based collaborative…[Read more]
I am a Supply Chain Management minor, and I know exactly the process in Supply Chain from planning, sourcing, executing to delivering (and some cases returning). I learnt in this the first class the importance of the internet and MIS system to this process.
My takeaways in this class are:
1. The information flows are when the process of…[Read more]
•Revenue Management – to predict consumer behavior at the micro-market levels and optimize product availability and price to maximize revenue growth
•Demand Forecasting – is the area of predictive analytics dedicated to understanding consumer demand for goods or services.
•Smart Contracts – are self-…[Read more]
– Yousef AlKhorafi
– Marketing major / Supply Chain Management minor
– Two years ago, I had an internship at Ahli Bank in the Marketing department.
– I have zero experience in Supply Chain management.