Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Cyber-security
  • Digital marketing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1685 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Operations Assistant Manager at VietAbroader

Operations Assistant Manager at VietAbroader

Organization Overview

VietAbroader is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower Vietnamese youths to contribute to the sustainable development of Vietnam. The organization has been known for its study-abroad conferences, freshman camps, idea competitions, and career development programs.

Officially in 2014, VietAbroader kickstarts VietAbroader Career Conference (VACC), which aims to provide a comprehensive package for young students to kickstart their career via a variety of activities including:

• Online resources (videos, webinars)
  • Workshops (resume development, mock interviews)
  • Main conference (panel talks, career fair)
  • Post-conference initiatives (externship, shadowing programs)

Job Function

The summer before college, I worked as the Operations Assistant Manager for VACC, being one of the youngest members at that time. In a organizing team of 20 people, I coordinated a region-wide conference which featured 40+ guest speakers, 7 panel talks, and a career fair and attracted over 200 Vietnamese undergraduates from both local and overseas universities. I was heavily involved in budget management, venue search, relationship development, and project management. My efforts helped the organization reduce its expenses by 22% in a short period of time, and develop a database of venues which could save time and efforts for next term’s organizing team.

My time working for VietAbroader allows me to learn how to coordinate with cross-functional decision makers and acquire necessary information to build business solutions that meet organizational needs, while substantially enhance my presentation and communication expertise.

Skip to toolbar