Community Platform
Interests
  • Business analysis
  • Customer relationship management (CRM)
  • Cyber-security
  • Digital marketing
  • more...
This Year
No Points
Total
1685 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Target Case Competition 2019

The Target Case Competition is sponsored by Target Corporation & Center for Student Professional Development. This year\\\’s prompt centers around helping Target increase its competitive advantage in the Back-to-College season. Our team worked for one month to develop a 10-page executive report detailing our recommendations. Our submission got selected as one of the 5 finalists to present in front of a panel of Target judges.

Since Target has only developed their strategies to only target college students, our team believe that the company should also focus on parents, the one with purchasing power. Therefore, we came up with a three-stage plan that blends together digital innovation and story-telling.

• Raise Awareness: establish an early presence by partnering with influencers to provide more insights into different products, and run ads across both online and offline marketing platforms.
  • Encourage Participation: involve guests in the campaign by utilizing virtual reality to showcase products and hosting on-campus workshops to engage both parents and students.
  • Sustain Engagement: promote post-season sales by offering subscription-based care packages, which parents can personalize and have Target send to their children monthly.

The plan brought us 1st place in the competition. Overall, it was a great experience for me, as it provided me with an opportunity to work with teammates from different backgrounds, and a closer look into retail, my dream industry.

Skip to toolbar