This Year
No Points
Total
2543 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Chair of External Events

As Chair of External Events, my main responsibility was to communicate with professionals external to Temple and bring them in to speak about topics related to Information Systems. I worked on organizing and hosting two-panel events for the year 2020-2021. I had to develop a topic that aligns with IS students’ interests, providing them with an interesting and informative panel discussion. I also had to come up with catchy phrases and taglines for the graphics shown below.

We had professionals from the following companies come to speak: Urban Outfitters, PwC, Temple University, Kreischer Miller, Philadelphia Gas Works, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, and Jefferson Health Hospital. My main focus while researching speakers was to bring in a diverse set of panelists. Diversity in culture, professional background, and experience. I wanted students to be inspired by the different backgrounds of people that work in the technology field.

Cybersecurity panel where experts came to speak about how to secure data and mitigate technological mayhem

My last panel was focused on how businesses responded to covid-19, how they dealt with distributions, adapted, and moved the company forward.

Skip to toolbar