No Points
Total
3110 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Community Service

Community Service

I have a strong passion for volunteering and helping others. These experiences taught me important values such as leadership, empathy, and compassion. My efforts were recognized in April 2018 when I won an Altruism Award from the Travelers Protective Association of America.

Stepping Stone

I am currently serving on a team of 6 AIS members through a new community learning initiative starting in the Spring 2020 semester. The program is separated into two phases with the first involving an after-school program for 6th-8th grade students at the Dr. Tanner G. Duckrey Public School (Stepping Stone). My team created lesson plans and activities for the students, primarily through code.org. This opportunity allowed me to further advance my passion for teaching while making a positive impact on members of the local community.

Community Council

I served as the Community Service Representative for the Morgan Hall South Community Council during my freshman year. I advocate for my peers while addressing issues concerning food, security, and residential life. This past fall, I organized a donation drive to benefit homeless veterans.

STEM Volunteering

As a sophomore in high school, I combined my love of STEM and passion for teaching to develop an educational outreach program at my local middle and elementary school. Each week, I developed creative lesson plans and activities to present to a class of 8th-grade students. The goal of the program was to encourage students to pursue STEM careers.

BASD Mini-THON

I had the privilege of serving as a corporate fundraising committee captain for BASD Mini-THON, an organization that raises money for pediatric cancer research. As a captain, I headed a 12-member committee with the goal of contacting businesses to secure large monetary donations for the organization.

Skip to toolbar