What have you learned in the classroom that you have leveraged in your internship? Please respond by commenting to this post.
Please check the gradebook to see if you are missing any assignments. You wil […]
Leave your response as a comment on this post by the beginning of class on March 26, 2018. Remember, it only needs to be three or four sentences. For these weekly questions, I’m mainly interested in your o […]
Some quick instructions:
You must complete the quiz by the start of class on March 26, 2018.
When you click on the link, you may see a Google sign in screen. Use your AccessNet ID and password to sign […]
Dashboard best practices
The One Skill You Really Need
Vince Kelly wrote a new post, Warning – 3 Popular VPN Services Are Leaking Your IP Address, on the site MIS 5212-Advanced Penetration Testing 9 hours, 58 minutes ago
Warning – 3 Popular VPN Services Are Leaking Your IP Address
A team of security researchers discovered vulnerable flaws with three VPN service providers that could compromise user privacy. The thr […]
MIS 3537 Internet and Supply Chains
Due Date: March 26, 2018
Refer to the case “Evolution of the XBox Supply Chain”.
Answer the following questions briefly (6-7 lines each):
Why do companies outs […]
Think for 100 seconds, and summarize the key things that you learned in the class during Week 8:
Lecture about 3Procurement and Global sourcing / outsourcing
Reflection week 8:
-Hulus strategies- Partner affiliation, efficient, ease of use, user feedback.
-Hulu is starting to develop there own content
-Advertising on Hulu and other similar platforms is more expensive because it has a better target audience.
-Digital technology lowers barriers to entry.
– reverse auctions- sellers compete by pushing down their prices
-Auctions are used to buy materials, auction off excess inventory, and auction off excess factory capacity.
– Digital channels have greatly disrupted the creative industry, forcing traditional distributors and broadcasters to create an online presence
– Advertisers must be more creative since people no longer sit through long ads to watch their favorite movies and tv shows
– Procurement is a process (series of steps) that is performed across various business functions in a company
– eProcurement creates a much more competitive enviroment, since firms have access to suppliers across borders
– eProcurement is broken into eContracting, eRequisitioning, eFullfilment, and ePayment
– It reduces administrative costs and enables access to better suppliers
– Strategic sourcing is not only concerned with lowest cost, but with best value (not necessarily just moving production to a low-cost country)
– Strategic sourcing is data-driven, continuous process
Takeaways from Week 8:
– Changes in technology are disrupting and changing the way businesses conduct themselves and what channels they choose
– TV shows without yearly contracts, shows you want when you want them, tailored to you
– Disrupted television and viewing competitors, affecting advertisers methods of distribution, frequency, and collecting data allowing for ads to be more specialized to consumers
– How eProcurement has changed with technology, business processes are done differently, more data analyzed and tracked to find best fit and price matches
– Strategic sourcing utilized to minimize costs, and increase service. With the internet now much easier to compare suppliers, prices, quality in a matter of minutes to select source.
We are a start-up company that is addressing the problem of hospital patients with eating disabilities being prescribed unnecessary amounts of medication. Studies have shown that blended […]
From Andrea :
I will be hosting an additional review session for Exam 2 next Wednesday, 03/21 from 5:30-6:30 PM in Alter 603! Many students seemed unaware of my review session last week, so since the exam is sti […]
Go to: http://xdebug.org/files/php_xdebug-2.5.1-7.1-vc14.dll and download the .dll file
Rename the file: php_xdebug.dll
Copy the file to: C:xamppphpext
Open the XAMPP Control Panel->Click the A […]
To recap: Last night we covered PDO, which involved writing PHP that both inserted, updated, deleted and selected data stored in a MySQL database.
For next week: 1) Read the Murach assigned pages […]
In today’s class, we will introduce jQuery. There is a corresponding exercise/companion file, presentation, and challenge. See you in class.
- Load More