MIS 5108: Digital Business Strategy on Mondays 6:00pm to 8:30pm at Temple Center City
Technology creates new business opportunities. Learn to be an Digital Business Strategy leader from Digital Business Strategy leaders. See how they exploit the power of technology to create new products and services.
- Learn best practices from industry experts in a workshop format
- Analyze and evaluate leading edge digitally enabled business models in multiple industries including small start-ups and the largest most successful digital business titans
- Formulate new digital business strategy for your firm or in specific industries based on your interest and knowledge
- Apply web 2.0, social media, and analytics as strategic levers in digital business models
Tentative list of guest speakers
- Ravi Bala, Chief Operating Officer, HealthSignals
- Joshua Palau, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Comcast
- Imad Farhat, Director, Firmenich
- Patrick M. Donohue, Vice President of National Accounts and Inventory Sales, MAACO
- Jim Datin, Executive Vice President, Safeguard Scientifics
- James Hayden, Senior Vice President Global Sales and Marketing, Certara (Tripos-Simcyp-Pharsight)
- Mary Hagy, CEO, cWyze Inc.
The course will be taught as a practical workshop. You will analyze existing digital business strategies in the first half of the course. In the second half of the course, you will put on the master training wheels and repeatedly construct and deconstruct new digital business strategies. The course will feature a who’s who list of guest speakers and analysts who will help you evaluate and construct digital business strategy.
About Niraj Patel
Niraj Patel, Co-founder of ISGN, is a leader in building global technology and services businesses especially in the mortgage and financial technology industries. He has more than 20 years’ experience in applying corporate management, entrepreneurship, and technology as business accelerators to generate organic and externally driven growth and investments. At ISGN, Niraj has deployed over $90 million in funding, and generated more than $100 million in revenue.
Niraj is also a founding partner of Witmer Partners. Witmer is responsible for launching 4 startups in the mortgage industry including Selene opportunity fund ($850 million), Selene finance, Helios (3x exit in 3 years) and Tavernier.
Prior to this Niraj was a part of the founding team of GMAC Commercial mortgage as executive vice-president and chief information officer. He was a key contributor to the organization’s international growth by consistently delivering double-digit net income growth for over 13 years and sold to private equity in 2006. At GMAC Commercial, Niraj was also responsible for spinning off several new startups (MortgageRamp, Gtel, Epitome Systems, EnableUs, olive), all of which had successful exits to growth equity and corporate community.
Recognized as an award winning innovator and viewed as one of the leading technologists of his generation, Niraj serves on boards and panels, speaks at industry conferences and is frequently quoted. These include the HSBC PA & DE Advisory Board; Microsoft Executive Circle; Eastern Technology Council; the Information Technology Advisory Board of the Fox School of Business, Temple University; the NPower CIO Advisory Council and his executive board experience includes: the Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization (MISMO) Board of Directors, EnableUS, Epitome Systems, Savana, MortgageRamp, Deskom and GTEL. Niraj graduated with a BBA in information systems and Finance from the Fox School of Business, Temple University.