Broderick Walker commented on the post, Q&A: Can I/T Help with Ethics / Green in Supply Chains, on the site Internet Enabled Supply Chain 3 days, 21 hours ago
Technology such as social media allows consumers to communicate directly with a company to let them know what practices (if any) are frowned upon by today’s societal standards. With the use of social media, companies can let people know what changes they are making and hopefully regain positive brand recognition.
Information also lets companies…[Read more]
– Ci provides new and effective training for local farmers who provide produce to Starbucks
– Starbucks ethical supply chain was to be used as an example for the rest of the industry
– Neights does not see blockchain as a positive investment and his company will not invest in it
– Automated supply chains reduce costs…[Read more]
The current layout for Amazon delivery is very unfair to the employees or “contractors” who spend almost all their time delivering. This unethical practice turns people off to Amazon because they believe that they treat their employees wrong. In order for Amazon to handle this PR nightmare and to win back the hearts of consumers, they need to…[Read more]
– Amazon started as a book company and grow into the multi-dimensional conglomerate that it is today. Amazon is still looking to expand into new markets and industries.
– There are plenty of things for Amazon to consider within their supply chain and business model if they are going to successfully enter the European market
– Its great to see IT innovation creating a new form of profitability for companies. IT is helping drive profits because of its ability to derive information from customer and employee experience.
– IT also allows companies to be more collaborative and efficient with its processes, saving money every step of the way.
– Melanie is truly a leader…[Read more]
Amazon has always been on the cusp of innovation. I believe that this will be the delivery method of the future. It will cut down on the number of cars/trucks on the road, contributing to the reduction of emissions gases. Something they will need to account for are:
– Inclement weather: bad weather could ground these crafts or cause problems with…[Read more]
– Hulu and those alike force businesses to innovate and create a digital presence
– Flexibility to changes in digital technology drives consumer action
-Hulu has a lot of control over its supply chain and the creation and distribution of content
– All suppliers are not alike and a supplier that works for one business or…[Read more]
Is this really a technology with potential impact the Internet had?
– Increase Security
– Data is never erased
– Reduce transaction costs
How would this technology impact Supply Chains?
– Transfer funds anywhere
– Product tracking
– Tags easily read and processed
– Information accuracy
RFID in Metro:
– Cost and time efficient by reducing labor times and increasing operating efficiency
– Cost of implementation high / standardizing issues
RFID in Technology:
– Composed of tags and scanners/readers
– building clearance and inventory tracking
Shopping in a store like this would be a lot quicker than shopping in a regular store. No sales people pushing you to buy a specific product. No lines to wait in to check out. No need to remember cards or cash because it charges the due cost to your Amazon account. It is the ultimate convenience for food shoppers.
Amazon’s sensors are more…[Read more]
What I learned this week:
– Bullwhip effect will take place when each step of the supply chain is ordering more than normal to make up for incremental increases in demand. Each cog in the chain orders more to fill demand and to keep reserve inventory. They completely stop ordering when they have inventory on hand and less demand.
– Playing the…[Read more]
Key takeaways from class 2:
– Crocs had a revolutionary supply chain for the current footwear industry. The flexibility and adaptiveness of the company helped them grow rapidly.
– The completely vertical supply chain allowed crocs to run the company the way THEY wanted to. Ownership of patents and each part of the manufacturing process proved…[Read more]
Key points I learned from the first week of class are:
— a supply chain isn’t necessarily the flow of materials from place to place, it can also be the financial flow or the flow of information.
— There are a series of complex decisions to make about the structure of the supply chain and each stage’s process; such as locations, products, tra…[Read more]
SpotCrime is definitely more similar to OLAP/Pivot Tables than to data mining/analytics. It is more similar to the OLAP/Pivot tables because the information that the website has is from the past. It is a record of past incidents that are presented in an easy to understand and visually satisfying format. It is not an example of data…[Read more]
An example of a business using a decision tee is amazon and their recommended and paired purchases. amazon collects purchasing data from all of their customers and will pair items with your order that other buys have bought together. Amazon can also recommend products for you to buy based off your purchase and search history.
- Load More