I think 3-D food printing is a step up of the 3-D printing technology. 3-D food printing can bring out the art of the foods and balanced nutrition to our body. However, I think 3-D food printing would take time to sell to the public for personal needs. Like the article said, it’s time-consuming to make foods, and even the food will be more…[Read more]
– Digital channels put pressure on existing business models for firms like broadcasters, distributors, and advertisers.
– Hulu stands out by choosing wisely within balancing act between the competing interests of advertiser, viewers, and content providers.
– Strategy management, timely decisions, excellent execution are driving…[Read more]
RFID at Metro:
– After the financial analysis, the expand pallet-level is the most beneficial choice for manufacture.
– instead of hardware & software implementation, organization cost is the most complicated expenses for RFID.
– Compare to the advantages of being a first mover & a fast follower, I prefer to be a fast follower, which can reduce…[Read more]
I think AI and blockchain together can improve information decentralization. Share control encourages data sharing with high accuracy information and lower cost. When blockchain used for data/information transfer, AI can improve on filtering data/information and distribution. Double Security, both blockchain network and AI’s autonomous nature of…[Read more]
I think 3-D printed homes can be used broadly in the future. There are already companies to sell 3-D house printers. These 3-D printed homes can build to defend against the harsh weather, and as a resource to protect people from natural disasters, because it only needs 24 hours to build a brand new house. Maybe in the future, people can build…[Read more]
1. Blockchain is the technology with potential impact the internet has.
– Reduce costs of financial transactions. Customers could theoretically make a payment directly through blockchain, which can bypass intermediaries to avoid paying fees.
– Increased Security. Employees can view data and perform their work tasks while still retaining…[Read more]
1. I would like to shop in this kind of store:
– Time-saving, no waiting lines, no grumpy customers and retail workers because of the long checkout line.
– The E-receipt is convenient for people to track what they bought, instead of looking for paper receipt everywhere.
– Easier to manage my account, both Amazon online shopping and in…[Read more]
– Reduce manual power from factory to retail store
– Increase efficiencies for supply chain
– Reduce manual errors like transportation to the wrong way or putting goods on the wrong shelf
– Expensive to implement the technology for manufacture and retail stores
– Hacking issues
– It takes time to apply to all the stores
Liwei Yi wrote a new post, Artificial Intelligence is changing the CIO’s role, on the site MIS4596 SEC 002 Spring 2018 3 months, 1 week ago
The role of the Chief Information Officer has grown over the years. The disruptive potential of artificial intelligence, Internet of things and rapidly developing robotics technologies mean the role should […]
Artificial Intelligence is making it possible for CIO’s to focus more of their time on business executive elements of their jobs. CIO’s can report to their CEO’s more often with this innovative technology. Not only is AI changing the role of the CIO, it is also changing the way that the employees operate as well. With the upcoming advances to AI, it makes me wonder if one day a major firm will be run by an AI bot.
It’s hard to say its economically ethical to implement these types of stores. We do know that the rate of unemployment will increase, based on implementing these types of store. But in our current society, we need more technicist. Even if Uber drivers do not know how to use the app, they will be eliminated from the career. Personally, I would love…[Read more]
I think companies should re-structure their IT to fusion teams. Because form a fusion team can increase the productivity of the projects from different perspectives, team members can collect more ideas and also solve problems effectively. Though the collaboration, team members can do what they can do best, which can also increase employee satisfaction.
Benefits of Kiva to Zappos:
1. Increase productivity – finish tasks twice than the traditional building
2. Employee satisfaction – more serene, less physical work
3. Energy saving – reduce the cost of utility (lights, air conditioner, etc.)
4. Security – fewer people around
5. Reduce the time to train employee
6. Increase the total…[Read more]
Liwei Yi wrote a new post, 5 technologies disrupting the app development industry, on the site MIS4596 SEC 002 Spring 2018 4 months ago
Technology has over our modern society, no matter where are we. We know that technology is disrupting every industry, and it now moves so quickly into relatively new fields. The field of professional app […]
Yes, MIS professionals need to understand supply chains. Because under the IT architecture of SCM including different IT system. Each IT system has a different operating system or software modules that related to supply chain like SNP, DP, PP/DS, etc. So the MIS professionals need to understand the function of each software module and the…[Read more]
Key takeaway from week 2
– flexible supply chain enables companies to reduce risk and own more control of product’s quality.
– Keep excess capacity is able to deal with the demand fluctuations and drive growth and revenue.
– In the marketplace, digital connectivity has both higher buyer and seller power.
– Collaborative…[Read more]
Legacy IT is always defined as unnecessary complexity and cost, which hinder productivity, innovation and increase IT budget to maintain them. Modernization becomes the key to success. Modernizing means moving […]
It depends, given the huge capital requirement. For small companies, their top goal is to expand their business which does not allow them to invest such amount of money to buy this service. However, big companies, which can afford such investment, may be the most obvious beneficiary. Their sufficient funds will allow them to do things that will not give returns right away.
For the first week class, I understand what is SCM and the relationship between IT and SCM.
The goal of SCM is to produce and distribute products/services at right quantities, to the right location at the right time and reduce system-wide costs. IT is gathering data and help the to make right decisions and improve the efficiency of SCM.…[Read more]
- Load More