Business Processes, Systems & Controls

100 Second Reflection – Week 4

Think for 100 seconds, and summarize the key things that you learned in the class this past week.

5 Responses to 100 Second Reflection – Week 4

• This week I learned more about the order to cash process of SAP and the extensive use of controls that are in place to mitigate the potential risks. Some of the more common risk include the creation of fake customers, unauthorized rebates, discounts and unauthorized pricing. Most of the controls used in the process require a segregation of the duties. The O2C is made of a set of four criteria: order processing, credit, pricing and general controls. Policies such as a periodic review of the policies and standards, denial of a manual transaction limitations of authorizations to a field and some of the controls in place in SAP

• This week I learned more about the order to cash process of SAP and the extensive use of controls that are in place to mitigate the potential risks. Some of the more common risk include the creation of fake customers, unauthorized rebates, discounts and unauthorized pricing. Most of the controls used in the process require a segregation of the duties. The O2C is made of a set of four criteria: order processing, credit, pricing and general controls. Policies such as a periodic review of the policies and standards, denial of a manual transaction limitations of authorizations to a field and some of the controls in place in SAP.

• This week, I especially like the task flow and document flow slides. I think it is important to remember this process by heart when working with SAP as well as doing accounting and Audit. There was a concept of Available to Promise that I hasn’t quite grasped how it works although I understand what it is about. In addition, the international trade check is also an important slide to remember as those are great source to do due diligence and pre-sale check that I didn’t know.

• Last week I learned the importance of controls during the order to cash process. From credit checks to segregation of duties when it comes to limiting who can access the price data. It is critical to ensure automated and manual controls are in place as the order to cash process provides many opportunities to commit fraud.

• I learned that every process has its very own controls implemented that are used to protect the application and business against specific attacks.