This course provides an introduction to the strategic role of information technology in today’s digital centric world. You will learn how to apply systems thinking to analyze and understand organizational IT strategy and usage. You will also learn how to apply theories of innovation to analzye the disruptive potential of technology.
- Understand the strategic role of IT
- Analyze and assess the technical and management foundations to lead successful IT initiatives
- Differentiate between different types of organizational information systems and their usage and role
- Analyze and assess the disruptive potential of new and emerging technologies
- Understand the issues involved in managing information systems and technology in a global environment
This course represents the collaborative efforts of MIS department Profs. Schuff, Weinberg, Yoo, and Johnson. I gratefully acknowledge the contributions of my colleagues.