The MIS Department will adjust our PRO Professional Achievement program given the disruptions caused by the coronavirus. There are three changes we will make to the program for Spring 2020.
First, we will make a one-time addition to your total points balance by the end of the Spring 2020 semester. The amount will be 50% of the points you need to satisfy the requirement for the courses in which you are enrolled this semester. It works out like this:
- If you are in MIS2101 or MIS2901, you will be awarded 38 points.
- If you are in MIS2402 and/or MIS2502, you will be awarded 63 points.
- If you are in MIS3406 and/or MIS3506, you will be awarded 100 points.
- If you are in MIS3502 and/or MIS3535, you will be awarded 150 points.
- If you are in MIS4596, you will be awarded 150 points.
Second, we are increasing opportunities to earn points virtually:
- We are raising the limit on the number of webinars you can attend from one per semester to five for Spring 2020 as long as you attend them before May 31, 2020.
- We are introducing a new “Volunteer/Community Service” activity that will award points for significantly helping family, friends, or a local business use technology to engage, work, or conduct business during the current crisis.
- There are also other points-earning activities you can do, such as creating an advanced e-portfolio and registering as an alum. Check the PRO site for all of your options.
Third, we will waive the points requirement for MIS classes taken in Spring 2020. This means you will not receive an incomplete if you are short the required number of points, including MIS4596. However, it is very important that you engage in point-earning activities such as those listed above, as you will still need to fulfill the points requirements for the classes you take in Fall 2020 and beyond.
We will be holding a virtual session to discuss these changes to the program on Monday, April 6, 2020 from 10AM to 11AM. You can also contact the department with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org