Welcome to a new semester! Here is an update regarding the MIS Professional Achievement Program (PRO) for Spring 2021.
There are many opportunities to earn points. You can do almost every activity virtually, plus we have added five new activities for Spring 2021:
- Complete three LinkedIn Learning courses in these areas – professional skills, technology skills, or wellness – and earn up to 60 points per semester.
- Earn up to 25 points by completing five wellness activities, such as reading a book (for fun) and sharing a photo of a non-school related hobby.
- Earn 25 points for engaging with MIS Department social media.
- Get organized and create a calendar of your weekly routine to earn 25 points.
- Earn 25 points by adding a page to your e-portfolio with interesting facts about you.
Consult the PRO points table for details about how to fulfill the requirements of each activity.
Whether you need a plan to earn points or want advice about your e-portfolio, the MIS PRO Student Ambassadors are available to help. Your PRO Student Ambassadors for Spring 2021 are Nhi Nguyen, Connor McShane, Brianna Anderson, and Safaniya Paul. They are available via email (email@example.com) and by appointment.
This February, the MIS Department will offer three one-hour PRO workshops. In the PRO Points Workshop, you can learn about the PRO points system, how to submit for points, and the new point categories. The E-Portfolio Workshop will show you how to make an advanced e-portfolio, get tips and tricks on making your e-portfolio stand out, and get answers to your questions about the process.
Registration is required. We will offer both workshops three times in February:
PRO Points Workshop
- Monday, February 8 at 2:30 pm (register)
- Wednesday, February 10 at 6:00 pm (register)
- Friday, February 12 at 11:00 am (register)
- Monday, February 15 at 1:00 pm (register)
- Wednesday, February 17 at 6:00 pm (register)
- Friday, February 19 at 12:00 pm (register)
Have a great semester!