The goal of this project was to convert unstructured data scraped from Wikipedia regarding thousands of notable deaths into a data set that is able to be used for statistical analysis. Through iterative sprints, the team and I created project documentation, assigned roles, learned a new coding language, and worked together to create a structured data set. We learned the value of teamwork and research, in addition to the value of communication among team members. We also learned how to leverage each individual’s skills to achieve our goal. This project allowed us to use our knowledge to solve a problem end-to-end through development and project management. Please check out the project website to see further information and documentation.
Marie-Christine Martin’s MIS4596 class