TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia , PA January 2014 – Present
Diamond Peer Teacher Program, Undergraduate Studies
- Provide supplemental instruction for 60 students at the university level under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Assist in weekly group study sessions and help students learn how to succeed in the targeted course; solve problems, organize classroom material, and develop effective study strategies to help meet the learning expectations of the students.
TRANSPORTATION & CONSULTING CO. Ltd, South Korea December 2013 – January 2014
Internship, Korea World Service Company
- Manage database servers and technologies (Core & Advanced) using privacy intranet.
- Assist and maintain current employers and clients contacts in database.
- Responsible for posting a reports and uploading documents on privacy intranet.
SAINT LUCIFER FOODS, LLC, Royersford, PA May 2013 – August 2013
Marketing Internship, Food Merchandise Company(Non-Profit)
It was one of the most valuable experiences I ever had in my life. The primary goal of this internship was that it helped me to increase my creative mind and it also encouraged me to be more active with the customers. From my first internship, I learned how to solve problems and had to face certain obstacles due to my first experience working on programming and marketing. It definitely helped me to grow in my working ability.
Here are the lists of what I did for this company.
- Assist with building social media presence via Twitter and Facebook by generating followers and traffic to both outlets.
- Sampling St. Lucifer to a selected group of restaurants, bars, gastro pubs, and specialty retailers, while introducing our product to the chef, manager or owner
- Building relationships with chefs and restaurant owners and conveying our missing of becoming the preferred table condiment in Philadelphia
- Assisting with promotional events at restaurants, bars, and tradeshows.
- Creation of Sell Sheets and Marketing Material
THE KOREA TIMES PHILADELPHIA, Elkins Park, PA May 2013 – August 2013
Translator, Philadelphia Korea Times
I worked at the Korea Times Philadelphia for three months. I translated English articles to Korean from Philadelphia newspaper and it was an everyday process that I had to do during three month tenure. This job made me to wake up early in the morning around 6 am and I picked various articles from the newspapers to translate into Korean. I was required to send the translated articles to editor before noon. I enjoyed the time being translator and I felt accomplished whenever my articles showed up on the newspaper.
INTERNATIONAL MEDIA CENTER, South Korea July 2012 – August 2012
Assistant, Yeosu Expo International Media Center
My hometown of Yeosu, South Korea hosted an International Expo in summer and I earned a position as an assistant in the International Trade and Media Center of the Yeosu Expo. My primary duties as an assistant in the International Media Center was setting up cameras, filming various events taking place during the Expo, processing and uploading footage of the Expo online and I also spent a great deal of time as a translator for the English-speaking visitors to the Expo. I was honored that I could play a role in bridging the cultural gap between my hometown and country to the rest of the world.
NEW CHURCH, Bryn Athyn , PA February 2007 – March 2009
Volunteer Translator, The Korean New Church
The Korean New Church is a small community among ‘New Church’ congregation and many of its worship services take place in the Bryn Athyn. And I have been translating Korean to English services for three years through 2007 to 2009. There are about fifteen people that worked with me, and main goal of this volunteer work was that I need to communicated and provided services to connect the cultural gap between the Korean church members and American church members. I also had to socialize with new and existing members and interpreted specific documents needed for services with people that come to church and spend time interpreting any documents needed for church service.