Peer advisors are an essential part of the Fox School of Business’ Center of Undergraduate Advising.
They provide the perspective of an upper-class student in the Fox School of Business. More importantly, peer advisors assist students’ transition into Temple University by sharing their strategies for academic success and knowledge of university resources.
Peer advisors provide the following kinds of assistance to students:
- Help facilitate conversations between the student and their assigned academic advisor or faculty advisor.
- Assist with registration through Self-Service Banner.
- Help with the use and understanding of DARS (Degree Audit Reporting System.)
- Help with the understanding of student’s program evaluation sheet also known as a checklist.
- Help with creating an academic plan.
- Help schedule appointments with an advisor.
- Help find the answers to questions in College and University web-based resources and refer students to appropriate departments when necessary.
- Answer general questions about degree requirements, academic support services, university policies and procedures.
- Provide information about opportunities, events and academic pursuits outside of the classroom.
See more ‘click here’