Here you can view a “copy and paste” of my resume or you can click on My Resume to view a PDF version. Feel free to contact me in any time with any information.
Joon-Yong Kim http://community.mis.temple.edu/joonyongkim/
1424 W Diamond St. Apt 2R| Philadelphia | PA | 19121 | email@example.com
EDUCATION: TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Graduation: May 2015
Major: Management Information System
GPA: 3.71 | Dean’s List: Spring 2010, Fall 2012, Spring 2013
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma, Spring 2014 – Present
- Volunteer, Young Scholars Douglass, Spring 2014 – Present
- The Fox Design Challenge, Spring 2014
- Member, The Association for Information System, Fall 2013 – Present
- Technology Development Application Program, Fall 2013 – Present
- Treasure of Board Member, Korean Student Association, Spring 2013 – Present
- Finalist, Temple Analytics Challenge, Fall 2013
- Participant, in Target Case Competition, Spring 2013
- Member, International Business Association, Fall 2012 – Spring 2013
- Sergeant, Korean Military, August 2010 – May 2012
- Participant, Global Young Leaders Conference, 2008
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA MAY 2014 – Present
Peer Advisor, Center for Undergraduate Advising
- Help facilitate conversations between the student and their assigned academic advisor or faculty advisor.
- Answer general questions about degree requirements, academic support services, university policies and procedures.
- Assist with registration through Self-Service Banner and help with creating an academic plan.
NOTE ALLIANCE, LLC, Willow Grove, PA May 2014 – August 2014
Internship, Technology Management
- Create business cases for new technology implementations and recommendations for streamlining operation processes.
- User Interface design and prototyping of system sequence matched to business processes.
- Utilize SalesForce platform to implement CRM for workout process.
- Innovate new ideas to better improve business protitability or presence through technology.
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA January 2014 – Present
Diamond Peer Teacher Program, Undergraduate Studies
- Provide supplemental instruction for 60 students at the university level under the guidance of a faculty mentor
- Assist in weekly group study sessions and help students learn how to succeed in the targeted course; solve problems, organize classroom material, and develop effective study strategies to help meet the learning expectations of the students.
TRANSPORTAION & CONSULTING CO. Ltd, South Korea December 2013 – January 2014
Internship, Korea World Service Company
- Manage database servers and technologies (Core & Advanced) using privacy intranet.
- Assist and maintain current employers and clients contacts in database.
- Responsible for posting a reports and uploading documents on privacy intranet.
SAINT LUCIFER FOODS, LLC, Royersford, PA May 2013 – August 2013
Marketing Internship, Food Merchandise Company(Unpaid)
- Assist with building social media presence via Twitter and Facebook by generating followers and traffic to both outlets.
- Sampling St. Lucifer to a selected group of restaurants, bars, gastro pubs, and specialty retailers, while introducing our product to the chef, manager or owner.
- Building relationships with chefs and restaurant owners and conveying our mission of becoming the preferred table condiment in Philadelphia
- Assisting with promotional events at restaurants, bars, and tradeshows.
THE KOREA TIMES PHILADELPHIA, Elkins Park, PA May 2013 – August 2013
Translator, Philadelphia Korea Times
- Translating English to Korean from Philadelphia newspaper.
- Pick one or two articles from the newspaper and on that current date, send the translate article to editor by before noon.
- Every-day process including weekend, specifically needed skills for good time management.
INTERNATIONAL MEDIA CENTER, South Korea July 2012 – August 2012
Assistant, Yeosu Expo International Media Center
- Taking the action of communicating and media in bridging the cultural gap between my hometown and country to the rest of the world.
- Set up cameras, filmed various events that took place during the Expo, and processed and uploaded footage online.
- Provided translating services for English-Speaking visitors that entered the Expo.
SKILLS & LANGUAGES
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MySQL, HTML, SAS, SAP, WordPress, PHP
- Korean – Fluent
PDF version: Joon-Yong Kim, Resume