Total
2591 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Community Service

Community Service 

Vietnamese Language Tutor, September 2017 – Present
Throughout the year I spend Sunday’s volunteering to assist teach Vietnamese through my church’s language school. I am responsible for a class of approximately 12 students at our advanced level. Weekly, I plan, organize, and revise lessons and collaborate with other instructors for feedback and new ideas. Aside from the Vietnamese language, I also incorporate key cultural experiences and values such as the recreation of holidays like the Lunar New Year to share with my students the beauty of Vietnam.

VEYM Youth Leader, August 2019 – Present 
The Vietnamese Eucharistic Youth Movement (VEYM) is a non-profit program dedicated to building good character in youth to become faithful and role-leading individuals in the community. As a youth leader, I am responsible for the youngest group (ages 6-9) consisting of approximately 25 students. Weekly, I work with the church and other youth leaders to ensure proper communication of key objectives to incorporate into lessons. During youth meetings, I implement lesson plans including lectures of key principals and fun outdoor activities to help students learn in a fun and engaging way.

Skip to toolbar