No Points
Total
3110 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Information Technology Assistant

Data Science – SP 19, FL 19, SP 21, FL 21

I had the pleasure of serving as an Information Technology Assistant (ITA) for a section of Data Science with Professor Sezgin Ayabakan for two semesters. I worked with classes of around 60 students to answer questions and reinforce their understanding of the course topics and materials. These topics included Big Data, Data Visualization, Data Cleansing, KPIs, Sentiment Analysis, and Predictive Analytics. I also helped mitigate technology issues with the Tableau and Microsoft Excel software used in the course.

Additionally, I attended class and held office hours on a weekly basis to help the students with in-class exercises and assignments. I also gained experience with public speaking by hosting exam review sessions for the students. I absolutely loved every moment of this experience, and I applied a lot of the skills that I learned in future ventures.

Data Analytics – Fall 2019

I enjoyed serving as an Information Technology Assistant (ITA) for a section of Data Analytics with Professor Sunil Wattal. Throughout the semester, I worked with a class of 60 students to answer questions and reinforce their understanding of the course topics and materials. These topics included Schemas, Relational Databases, Data Modeling/Analysis, and Association Mining. I also helped mitigate technology issues with SQL, MongoDB, Tableau Prep, and RStudio software used in the course.

Skip to toolbar