PNC LEAD Summit
- Name of sponsoring organization
- Details of the activity (e.g., where, when)
- This event was supposed to be in person in Pittsburgh, but because of concerns regarding the coronavirus, it was moved to an online conference.
- What you expect to learn
- I expect to gain invaluable information regarding how to advance leadership and diversity in the workplace, as well as being given the opportunity to network with PNC executives and employees. The agenda for the day includes a senior leadership panel, development workshop, professional development sessions, and mentor meetings. I also specifically plan on advancing my professional networking skills.
- How the activity relates to coursework or your career goals
- This activity relates to my coursework and career goals because I hope to be working in a business one day that promotes leadership and diversity. Once I learn a leadership position in a company, I hope to be a leader in advancing diversity and inclusion. This summit will give some tools and experience that I can use to enact that change. I also was able to meet with an employee of PNC who served as my mentor, and he was able to tell me about the specific internship program I am looking to apply to.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.