Cybersecurity by User Experience Design
During this semester, we learned lots of aspects related the user design in MIS3506. Our professor, Munir, taught us the importance of user understanding and how it relates to your design.
At the end of semester, I researched some trends for cybersecurity that cyber security specialist can apply to their products/services. I’m interested to be cybersecurity specialist as so this project helped me understand UX design methods as security. I looked into:
- what should be protected?
- security pillars and trends
- privacy by design
- the connection to norman’s concepts
- Some available security trends such as focusing on microeconomics, maximizing user privacy, privacy policies
- Norman’s concepts: visibility, feedback, affordances, mapping, constraints, consistency.
Here’s the attached presentation of the project: Security by UX