Head Organizer, Inside The Light Exhibition
- Overview: In grade 11, I co-founded and organized a fundraising, interactive exhibition about the blind people in some special schools for the blind in Hanoi, Vietnam. The exhibition showed pictures of the blind’s daily lives at school and dorms, their strength, how they managed to overcome their disadvantages through the course of 3 months. Also, it had interaction parts that allow exhibit-goers to try to do some normal activities such as writing and solving puzzles while being blindfolded to help them get experience and understand the hardships of blind people.
- Goals: The objectives of this exhibition include raising the public’s awareness of the blind community and their positivities in lives and making donations for the blind by selling postcards and notebooks.
- My Tasks:
- Organized trips to special schools/organizations of blind people to hear about their stories, understand their daily difficulties, and take pictures for the exhibition
- Recruited and led a team of 8 E-Board members to manage different areas including Finance, PR, Photography, Internal & External Affairs in the project
- Launched 3 volunteer recruitment campaigns on Facebook among +10 Hanoi high schools and trained 40 student volunteers for the exhibition
- Attracted over 600 visitors during 3 days and fundraised $600 by selling notebooks, postcards, and photos
Some pictures of our exhibition, exhibit-goers, and exhibit-volunteers:
Inside The Light Team (both E-board & volunteers) Exhibit-goers appreciating arts
The interaction part of the exhibition The interaction part of the exhibition
First Opening Day