Project Management & Data Analytics Internship, Axalta
(May 2019 – Aug 2019)
1. About Axalta
- Axalta is a leading global company focused solely on coatings and providing customers with innovative, colorful, beautiful and sustainable solutions.
- Industry: +150 years in the coatings industry
- Doing business in 130+ countries
- $4.7 billion in net sales in 2018
2. Internship positions
During my internship, I worked as a Project Manager in the Global PMO team and a Data Analyst in the Global BI/Analytics team.
Having the opportunities to work in two teams, which are both my favorite areas, at the same time is sometimes challenging but definitely interesting and fun! I was initially assigned specific days to work with each team. However, as the workload got bigger and I had more involvement in projects, my team meetings and schedule were overlapping. Luckily, with the project management mindset, I managed to handle this situation well and still finished my assigned tasks and projects on time.
3. Key projects
- Overview: Streamline the current IT demand pipeline by consolidating demand workflow process and adding stage gates. Revamp the current ServiceNow PPM’s demand pipeline by adding new features and notification levels to improve stakeholder visibility into the pipeline.
- Skills: Agile, Sprint Planning, Requirement Gathering, User Stories Development, Change Management, Global Team Collaboration
- Overview: Developing a real-time, interactive Tableau dashboard to present different attributes of Global IT Demands such as Resources & Allocation, Project Team, Hours, and IT areas for auditing purposes.
- Skills: Agile, Requirement Gathering, Tableau, SQL, ServiceNow PPM
- Overview: Developing a real-time, centralized Tableau dashboard to measure server performance, and monitor and manage +9 MS SQL servers and their jobs
- Skills: Requirement Gathering, Tableau, MS SQL, SQL Server Agent
- Overview: Research R integration capabilities, developed foundational ideas and use cases of migrating R codes into data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau, and perform a comparison analysis
- Skills: Requirement Gathering, Tableau, PowerBI, R