This Year
No Points
Total
1155 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Personal Journal Entry – September 26th

So far my team and I have been off to a slow start, but we are starting to come up with set times to keep our BAs on track.  Even though we have not met often, there is still great communication among all the members.  The GroupMe app is one of the biggest factors that keeps us connected.  In addition to our successful communication plan, we have managed to establish and maintain an organized google drive in which the PMs and BAs can share different documents and deliverables related to our project.  This allows us, the PMs, to keep track of what are BAs are doing so far, and for the BAs to see what we are up to and to see how our work is intertwined.  Furthermore, the PMs have a good system for dividing up our assignments and we have a pretty decent plan of action to tackle each deliverable.  However, there are still certain areas that need improvement.  For example, there is a lack of urgency when it comes to our BAs completing tasks. We also need to build trust between the BAs and PMs so they know that we are a resource if they are struggling.   Since we are now starting to establish a meeting time, this will most likely change; it was just difficult to come up with a time where we were all free.

One of the first things I will do when I meet all the BAs together is lay out expectations (theirs and the PMs).  A priority for me is to get them on a better track of getting a game plan for their scope and project.  Also, I have been updating some deliverables for my team and actively communicating through GroupMe.  Overall, I feel confident that our team will do well despite our slow start.

Skip to toolbar