Top 5 Risks for IT Projects
I found this article where the author lists what he believes to be the top 5 risks for IT projects. They are as follows:
1. Other projects getting prioritized over yours, thus taking funding away.
2. Project delays due to infrastructure/system upgrades.
3. Requirement changes/ updates to scope that mean additional work.
4. Project dates can be pushed due to an impact analysis that reveals additional issues/work to be done.
5. Coding can take longer than expected, as initial estimates may be wrong.
The author also mentions how critical it is to identify risks versus organizational issues. For instance, a lack of capabilities on the organizations part may lead to risks, though they are not risks themselves.
Do you think his list covers everything or are there more project risks that he hasn’t mentioned? Which risk would you say is the greatest?