About

Instructor

Munir Mandviwalla

Munir Mandviwalla
mandviwa@temple.edu (please contact me on email)
Speakman 210, Main Campus, Temple University

Course description

This course provides an introduction to the strategic role of information technology in today’s digital centric world. You will learn how to apply systems thinking to analyze and understand organizational IT strategy and usage. You will also learn about enterprise architecture, specifically the components of EA and capabilities provided by the elements of EA.

Course objectives

• Understand the strategic role of IT
  • Analyze and assess theĀ technical and management foundations to lead successful IT initiatives
  • Differentiate between different types of organizational information systems and their usage and role
  • Analyze and assess the disruptive potential of new and emerging technologies
  • Understand the issues involved in managing information systems andĀ enterprise architecture in a global environment

Credits

This course represents the collaborative efforts of MIS department Profs. Schuff, Weinberg, Yoo, and Johnson. I gratefully acknowledge the contributions of my colleagues.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Recent Comments
Tags
Archives

Enter your email address to subscribe to this course and receive notifications of new posts by email.