The nationally ranked Fox BBA Major in Management Information Systems (MIS) produces leaders who initiate, design, and apply technology to transform business functions and produce innovative products and services.
The program is ranked top 15 in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, in this region it is the only ranked MIS program at a public university, and it is also ranked top 10 in the U.S. by TechRepublic. Fox MIS graduates are sought by the top firms in the nation and enjoy 100% placement. The BBA in MIS is a STEM program that provides access to exclusive scholarships.
The BBA in MIS prepares students for a digital centric economy in which large and growing IT centric firms provide infrastructure like services that smaller entrepreneurial firms re-imagine to create innovative and value added services for consumers and business.
Fox MIS students will successfully compete in a world in which traditional large corporations continue to streamline their IT operations but grow by adding new technologically enhanced innovative capabilities.
- Initiate and lead technology enabled change (e.g., act as a change agent in a large firm)
- Analyze and design innovative digital products and services (e.g., create the social media strategy for a new start-up)
- Apply IT to automate and improve business processes (e.g., apply analytics to discover new insights)
- Transform a business function with IT (e.g., mobile apps to reach new customers)
- Analyze clients, specify needs, integrate applications, and manage projects (e.g., acquire a new customer relationship management system)
Over the next seven years, the number of jobs in the information technology sector is expected to swell 24% – a figure more than twice the overall job-growth rate.
Time Magazine, May 25, 2009
- Enterprise IT Architecture (MIS 2501)
Understand enterprise IT architecture, digital platforms, and ecosystems
- Data Analytics (MIS 2502)
Analyze and present insights from business data
- Data-Centric Application Development (MIS 3501)
Develop data-centric applications
- Digital Design and Innovation (MIS 3504)
Create and analyze digital products and services
- Lead Global Digital Projects (MIS 3535)
Lead technology-enabled transformation
- Information Systems Integration (MIS 4596)
Apply and evaluate IT innovation and capabilities. Teams work on a entrepreneurial project mentored by senior executives.
- Application Integration and Evaluation (MIS 3502)
Build web and cloud centric applications.
- Internet Enabled Supply Chains (MIS 3537)
Change supply chains using the Internet.
- Applied Predictive Analytics (MIS 3502)
Derive patterns and insight from large data sets.
- Social Media Innovation (MIS 3538)
Create digital business models that apply Web 2.0 and social media.
- Special Topics (MIS 3580)
New emerging topics (previous topics: ERP, mobile development, Cyber-security)
- Information Systems Innovation (MIS 3536)
Create digital business opportunities.
- Co-operative Experience in MIS (MIS 3581)
Gain course credit for internships. Learn more…
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM
Fox MIS majors benefit from an innovative one-of-a-kind three part professional achievement program:
- Earn required points for professional development activities and for applying learning to practice (e.g., internships, student leadership)
- Receive recognition for professional achievement on leaderboards, badges, professional achievement wire, and e-portfolios. ‘Cash-in’ reward points at the MIS Points Store.
- Showcase your educational and professional achievements at the MIS specific Fox IT Career Fair.
Fox MIS BBA majors get placed in the top firms in the region and nationally and achieved 100% placement in May 2012 and May 2013. Learn about careers in IS and participate in the Fox IT Career Fair which provides exclusive one-stop placement and internship opportunities for MIS students. The Fox led ISJobIndex.com project provides national level data on jobs in the IS field:
- Bachelor MIS students average salary is $57,212 nationally.
- 76% of IS graduates are satisfied with their jobs, and 76% are confident they will perform well in those jobs. 73% found jobs related to their chosen degree.
- Information Technology, Financial Services, and Business Services / Consulting are the top industries for IS jobs.
- The most common job classification is Systems Analyst at 35% for Bachelor students.
- Business analyst | Systems analyst
- Data analytics | Business Intelligence
- Information systems / project manager
- Application developer / web designer
- Information architect
- Social media consultant
- Digital entrepreneur and innovator
THE FOX MIS EDGE
- What is MIS and why should you consider MIS?
- What is unique about the Fox MIS program?
- Exclusive scholarships and awards. BBA in MIS students are eligible for STEM designated scholarships.
- Win prizes and gain recognition in national, and local analytics, design, and entrepreneurial competitions.
- Temple’s Association for Information Systems (AIS) student organization is the best AIS student chapter and provides professional, social, and community activities.
- The Fox BBA in MIS is designed in partnership with the Fox IT Industry Advisory Board. Members of the board mentor students on projects.
- Access networking opportunities through Fox’s Institute of Business and Information Technology. Learn about innovation and design at the Center for Design+Innovation.
- Learn the latest technologies.
- Fox is one of the largest and most highly-ranked business schools
- Accelerated 3 Year BBA – Motivated students can finish in 3 years.
- Download BBA MIS Course Structure
- Temple University Undergraduate Bulletin FSBM/MIS
- College Graduation Requirements for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- Take a look at our internationally renowned faculty
- Read Why Fox MIS?
- Contact Temple AIS on Facebook
If you are a high performing motivated student – we want to recruit you – please contact Joseph Allegra at email@example.com