This project will give you hands on experience with a working SAP system. You will be required to complete typical business functions in the areas of Sales Orders Processes and Human Resources. SAP is the world leader in ERP, and this project will help demonstrate both the value and difficulty in integrating business functions, using a real world SAP system. This challenging project requires that youread the ERP sections in the Kroenke textbook in order for you to complete this project successfully.
This ERP project gives you an opportunity to try SAP, considered to be the industry leader in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems. You will follow 2 tutorials on SAP from the end of Chapter 7 and 8 of the Kroenke Chapters while answering some questions.
I have posted a SAP Supplement document things to look out for. Follow the directions the 1st time logging in. The project works best in Internet explorer and you may need to use compatibility mode! I suggest reading through this document and the questions document below completely before starting the actual project. SAP-Project-Supplement_Lavin_Summer_2015
As an alternative to the web version, you could download the SAP GUI to your PC. Keep in mind there is no technical support to assist with this. Download: SAP GUI You can also use the computer labs in Alter Hall 602 or 603. The advantage to downloading the GUI or working in Alter is that the application is more exact to the simulation.
Each student has their own login to the SAP system. You can get your username and password for the assignment on your Gradebook. Remember you must be logged in to the community site to see your grades/SAP Login.
NOTE*** Internet Explorer (IE) works best for the SAP Project. Please use the Compatibility Mode on IE to make it work. The Compatibility Mode is found under Tools in the IE menu.
The assignment consists of two hands on exercises using SAP for a fictitious company, Chuck’s Bikes, Inc. The goal is to answer the questions in this document while working through the tutorial. Questions Document
- SAP Procure to Pay (P2P) Tutorial Chapter 7 Kroenke (end of chapter Active Case)
- Read the Active Case: SAP Procurement Process Tutorial section on page 211 in your textbook. Pay close attention to the questions. You can ignore the Application Exercises section.
- Using the account and password assigned to you, work your way through Appendix SAP Procurement Tutorial on pages 211-227.
- Answer the questions on page 211. Keep your answers short and to the point. Use screenshots where appropriate. (Same questions listed in the Questions Document)
- SAP Sales Process Tutorial Chapter 8 Kroenke (end of chapter Active Case)
- Read the Active Case: SAP Sales Process Tutorial section on page 253 in your textbook. Pay close attention to the questions. You can ignore the Application Exercises section.
- Using the account and password assigned to you, work your way through Appendix SAP Procurement Tutorial on pages 253-269.
- Answer the questions on page 253. Keep your answers short and to the point. Use screenshots where appropriate. (Same questions listed in the Questions Document)
Make sure you do your own work! This is not a group assignment.
Submit your document by adding it to OwlBox and making me a collaborator, as you did with Project 1 & 3.
***Here is a brief tutorial that you might also watch which will detail how to log in and some helpful tips. Note that this tutorial is a couple of semesters old. The username/password information is not the same – but the basic fundamentals of logging in and navigation may be helpful for you to review.
Please follow the directions as laid out in this document to complete Project 3: DigitalIdentityManagementAssignmentVer4_2_Summer2015_AAL
This assignment has three major parts. Each part involves reading, interacting with some software, copying computer screen images into your assignment to demonstrate your work, and responding to questions.
Submission of Deliverable
Add your answers to this document and submit this document as a file. Answers to questions should not be longer than two to three sentences. Credit will be deducted for longer answers.
Submit your final project via OwlBox before class on the due date listed on the syllabus. Make sure you make me a collaborator and share the link with me. When adding me, please use my accessnet email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To copy a screen image on your computer, press the Alt+PrtSc keys on your computer. This copies the screen to the Windows clipboard. Then go to the assignment Word document,
- place the mouse cursor at the point where you want to insert the screen image
- press and release the left mouse key
- select Edit/Paste
On a MAC: Hit these three buttons – Command/Shift/3 or Command/Shift/4
You will need these files to complete the project:
Excel spreadsheet: MIS2101-Project-1-retail_sales_feb_Spring 15
Here’s a link to a How To video that another TA put together – please feel free to review and use as a guide!