MIS4596 CAPSTONE COURSE

Gilson

5 Technology Products That Won’t Let You Break the Law

5 Technology Products That Won’t Let You Break the Law

Since we talked about the safety measures of 3-D printers in class during our disruptive innovation class, I thought this article was informative of how safety measures are being taken into account.

The article states that algorithms are used to prevent people from creating gun parts as well as print counterfeit money. Even Photoshop forbids you from scanning and printing money.

Do you think these technologies are actually smart enough to prevent people from breaking the law? What would be some ways people could get around these preventions?

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/5-technology-products-that-wont-let-you-break-the-116183169724.html

Is Tesla on The Brink of Disruptive Innovation?

RT_elon_musk_jtm_150331_16x9_992 (1)

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/tesla-technology-produce-cars/story?id=30025690

Tesla Motors announced on Monday that they are introducing a new product, but to much dismay it is not a new car. Tesla was creating something new, keeping all consumers in the dark.

“We need the ability to store energy when it’s bountiful and use it when it isn’t bountiful,” Brauer said. “If somebody can come up with a system to time shift energy storage, that would have a lot of potential and go far beyond the automotive industry.”

Rumors are divulging from this comment from a senior analyst at Kelley Blue Book, that it may be some type of home battery.

What types of innovative creations could Tesla have up it’s sleeve?

How to Get the Job When You Don’t Have the Experience

business-competition

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140811235043-203184238-how-to-overcome-the-permission-paradox-you-can-t-get-the-job-without-the-experience-but-you-can-t-get-the-experience-without-the-job

“The Permission Paradox” – You can’t get the job without the experience but you can’t get the experience without the job – is one of the great career Catch-22s.

I came across this article on Linkedin, while I was scrolling for jobs. Almost every job I came across required 3-5 years of professional experience. How can I have experience if I cant get a first job?  Well, James Citrin, author of The Career Playbook, tells you how in just 5 steps. Reading this article gave me confidence that not all requirements are so black and white.

James gives a few pointers that stuck with me after reading:

1. Be willing to start at the bottom. Just because we have a degree, doesn’t mean we should automatically get a high paid salary in a fortune 500 company. Sometimes you need to work up the ladder.

2. Re-imagine your experience. Have you ever planned a spring break with your friends? That counts as some type of  “project managing” right? It was your responsibility to collect money, work with budgets, and research unknown variables of the trip.

To those of you who are still searching for jobs or have already gotten an offer, have you used creative stories like these in interviews to fill an under qualified  job requirement?

Five disaster-planning steps for small businesses to implement

Disaster-Recovery-Plan (1)

5 disaster-planning steps article

Today we talked about how many companies that had data centers in the World Trade Center survived 9/11. With so much talk about continuity plans in MIS 2501, it shocked me to see that zero companies were still in business a short 5 years later. When touring the data center here at Temple, just being in the atmosphere of the servers made me feel how important they are to the structure of Temple.  How could a CEO in a multi-million dollar company not be worried about data being destroyed if the business revolves around it?  It makes me wonder how a company could be so careless to not plan for the future so tediously.
This article by InsuranceNewsNet.com asks  it’s readers, “Could your business bounce back if a disaster occurred?” They explain the 5 steps every small business should go through when planning for a disaster.

1. Consider all possible risks

2. Commercial property and casualty insurance

3. Survey your systems

4. Take your first steps now

5. Create a business continuity plan

These are all steps we have heard before, which steps do you feel are the most important?

If you could add or delete steps off this list what would they be and why?

Subscribe to class via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this class and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 23 other subscribers